Followers

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Buttons at Critter Sketch Challenge

My laptop is still broken, so computer time is quite limited at the moment. I really should be in bed by now (it’s 12:45 am UK time) but I got a little carried away playing with the lovely Steampunk CD from Sarah Hurley and then I remembered I wanted to blog my card for this weeks Critter Sketch Challenge otherwise I probably wont get another chance until late tomorrow afternoon when my Little One is having his afternoon nap.

The theme this week over at Critter Sketch Challenge is:

BUTTONS

Now it’s plural so you need to use more than one, but they can form the focal point of your project or like me they can be an embellishment.

IMG_5657

IMG_5673

I’m still stash busting my way through all the unused patterned paper pads I have and these are from the Fancy Pants Summers End 6x6 pad.  Sometimes I colour an image first other times (like this) I pick the papers first and colour the image to match. I fell in love with the zingy colours in this pad immediately so coloured up this cute little fairy from Digi Stamp Boutique to match. I have used a scalloped nestie to cut a mat fro the image but the large scalloped border was created using plain punched circles cut in half and layered up. I have also used some Core’dinations card, some flat back pearls, gems and cute teeny tiny little buttons from Papermania. The sentiment was written on my Dymo Label Maker and seemed perfect for the image.

Don’t forget to stop by Critter Sketch Challenge and see what the rest of the DT have made.

I would also like to enter this into the following challenges:

Bye for now

Lisa

13 comments:

Mel said...

OMG Lisa this is just fab!
I aodore the image and your yummy papers!
Its all brill sweetie!
Hugs Melly xx

scrapperjulia said...

Very cute card! Love how you used the buttons! Thanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

scrapperjulia said...

Very cute card! Love how you used the buttons! Thanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

brenda said...

Morning Lisa

A lovely bright and cheery card to greet me first thing in the morning.

Your image really is coloured to perfection and the little buttons are a lovely touch.

Thanks so much for joining in our inspirational theme at Stampalot Challenge this month, good luck and hope you will join us again next month.

B x

brenda said...

I saw you had also entered this for Allsorts Lisa, then totally forgot to say thank you.

B x

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card!

Thank you for joining in the fun with us at SMC with our
"Things with Wings" challenge

Hope you will join us again soon & good luck in the draw

Hugs Shaz x

pinky said...

Its a beautiful card Lisa, love the colours and sweet image. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Sally H said...

fabulous card, Lisa. Glad Brenda inspired you. Thanks for sharing with us at Stampalot this month and good luck!

Lynne K said...

So cute! Glad you were inspired by our Stampalot Challenge this month, and thanks for sharing your lovely work with us.

Lynne x

Ang C said...

A gorgoeus card

Thankyou for joining us at SMC - good luck in the draw and hope to see you again soon

Ang x

Tracy said...

Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Ruth said...

Great colourful card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot, Ruth

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card!!! Perfect for our Spring Clean Challenge at the Crafty Calender this month.

Caroline x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...