Followers

Thursday 15 March 2012

Steampunk at Sarah Hurley Challenge

Can’t believe it got so late already? Don’t think I’m going to get much time for crafting tonight, oh well at least I got to have a lovely long soak it the bath after Little One went to bed.

It time for another challenge over at Sarah Hurley and boy this one was a challenge for me…

STEAMPUNK

Now if you have read my blog before you’ll know I’m not a huge fan of the whole Steampunk genre and when your heart isn’t it you just can’t create something. So instead of trying to hard, I just printed off some of the lovely papers from Sarah’s Steampunk CD and set to with my craft knife, Kraft Card, Distress Ink and scoreboard and this is what I made:

IMG_5766IMG_5765IMG_5758IMG_5763

It’s a little Sticky Note holder. I’ve kept it quite simple as the papers are so fab and need to be showed off. I’ve only added some chipboard flowers, which I covered in the same papers, a button, some ric-rac and a little metal butterfly charm (that I coloured with my ProMarkers so the colour matched).

I didn’t follow any instructions I just measure and cut so I’ll give you my measurements in case you would like to have a go at making one yourself (my sticky notes are standard square ones measuring just under 3” square)

1. Start with a piece of card measuring 3 1/4” by 8 1/4”

2. With the longest part of the card going left to right, score at 3”, 3 1/2”, 6 1/2” and 7” (hope that makes sense, it should if you have an MS Scoreboard)

3.Fold each score line. The end that measures 1 1/4” is the closure flap, you can leave it as is or like I did snip the corners, you could even use a fancy corner punch

4. Decorate. I won’t give you the measurements for all the little bits of paper I used, if you have a go at making one you’ll want to decorate it in your own style.

Tip: I’ve used DS tape as the closure, but I pressed it onto my jeans several times so that it wasn’t so sticky. I could have used Velcro or repositionable tape and I think you can buy proper little Velcro dots but I don’t have any so had to make do.

I hope this has been helpful and don’t forget to stop by the challenge blog and see some real Steampunk creations, rather than what I have decided to call my version…GIRLY STEAMPUNK!!

Thanks for stopping by

Lisa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...