Followers

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Counting Sheep

Normally I’m a great sleeper, but not tonight. I couldn’t settle and rather than counting millions of sheep I thought I would have a little play in my craft room.

I have made a card for this weeks LIM Challenge, something I haven’t had time to do for  while (and I do miss it!). This week Chrissie and Mandi have set us a colour challenge and it’s to use predominantly yellow on our cards. Here’s mine…

IMG_5961IMG_5957

I’ve added two photos, but neither are great. As you can imagine the light isn’t great at 1:30am, but seeing as I made the card I thought I would blog it now before I forget.

I took a C6 White Linen Card Blank and embossed the diagonal lines using a scoreboard. The panel has been inked with two shades of yellow ink and stamped using a Lili of the Valley Grunge background stamp and a couple of Hero Arts stamps. The panel has been matted and layered onto a scrap of yellow card and added to the card blank with foam pads. The sentiments are from a Personal Impressions set and are stamped in Brilliance Graphite Black Ink. Finally a few pearls to finish.

Little One and I go to Tumble Tots in the morning and then visit my parents so I suppose I ought to try and get some sleep. Perhaps I’ll try counting those sheep after all.

Thanks for stopping by

Lisa

6 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Oh so pretty! LOVE the black of yellow in the center--it looks amazing with the dry embossed lines behind it!!! :)

Chrissie said...

Great bit of scoring here Lisa and a lovely yellow panel.
I hope all those sheep got counted successfully!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Marrigje said...

I hope you could sleep after making such a super card.
I like the center. I like the scoring in the back ground. The little buttons in de corners, and the sentiment is great too. Together it is a super card!!

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is pretty and i love the embossing
Lisa x

Fran said...

Gorgeous card xx

Mandi said...

Super card
I think it would have worked without the corner hems too, no offence
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...