Followers

Friday 15 April 2011

Less is More - Week 10

Just a quick post from me this morning as I have to get Elliot ready to go out, we're heading into town to meet my hubby and some of his work friends for lunch. Last night I had a go at this weeks Less is More challenge which is a one layer card with the sentiment being the focus. I really enjoyed having a go at this as it gets you thinking and with so little on the card there isn't room for any 'Happy Accidents'. I made my card by stamping and embossing the Happy Birthday in black and then used some scrap card and my circle nestie to make a mask and then through this sponged Versa Magic ink and stamped a butterfly background in distress ink...
Items: A6 white linen effect card blank, sentiment stamp Hobbycraft own brand, butterfly stamp from Inkwell Stamps, ink pads: Spun Sugar Distress Ink, Pixie Dust Versa Magic, Black Versa Color, Black Detail Embossing Powder and circle nestabilities. 

I'm wishing now that I had used a dark pink embossing powder rather than black as I think it looks a little harsh, but I was worried that the pink powder I had was a little garish compared to the subtle pinks used behind the sentiment. What do you think...be honest!

7 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

what a pretty border.
Great CAS card
Lisa x

Suze Bain said...

I think the black's ok Lisa - makes the sentiment pop out. (one of my favourite inks is versafine vintage sepia - it goes lovely with pink). Your masked background is lovely and delicate. x

Pauline said...

I like the black, it stands out, and this is a fab card, very pretty.

Chrissie said...

If it's soft pink, as you have chosen I really like Silver or Platinum embossing powder...it looks Ok in the picture but I imagine that in real life is does look a little stronger.
That butterfly background is so pretty, I had a little zoom in to have a gander. With a circular element as you have chosen, with a central sentiment I think I would have opted for a square card blank, but it looks great as it is!
See you next time!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

I do like black with pastel colours, but the nature of the designs I do think it would have lent itself to a more grey shade. Maybe it you add a few blk gems or little flower heads to the design, even a butterfly [I mean minimal though lol] it would tie the darkness of the black in a bit
Thanks Lisa
Lovely to see you
mandi
Less is More

Lynn said...

The background is really pretty, and such a soft pink - yum - reminds me of candy floss. The black is fine, but I like smokey grey with pink - but it's all personal preference isn't it? Lovely card. Lynn x

Rachael said...

I think the black and pink works well.
Great CAS card! Rach :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...