Followers

Sunday 12 June 2011

Less is More – Week 19

I think I may be psychic!  This is about the third or fourth week in a row now where I have managed to cover the current weeks challenge in my card for the previous weeks challenge ( this was my one layer frame card from last week here).  Our challenge this week at Less is More is ‘One Layer’ and a ‘Frame’ and to be as inventive as we like in creating said frame.  This is my first attempt:
IMG_4326
To start I dry embossed the frame on my scoreboard, then stamped and embossed the butterfly in silver and coloured with distress ink. Next I masked the frame and butterfly and over stamped with my new script stamp, then dusted with Perfect Pearls. Sentiment was also stamped and dusted with Perfect Pearls and to finish a few restrained dot’s of stickles on the butterfly and frame.
I think I need some new sentiment stamps, all mine are too plain/cute….I saw some lovely Kaisercraft sets yesterday at Snazzys and very reasonably priced as well.  May just have to treat myself to some.
Items: White 5x5 card blank, MS Scoreboard, Butterfly stamp free from Craft Stamper, VersaColor Silver inkpad, silver detail embossing powder, Prima Script Stamp, Antique Linen Distress inkpad, sentiment from a Molly Blooms set, Gold Perfect Pearls and Platinum Stickles.

11 comments:

Susan said...

Your embossed frame looks awesome! Perfect lines!! Awesome cards...love the bit of sparkle!
My Card

Zoechaos said...

Beautiful card XOXO Zoe

Michelle said...

Wow! That embossed frame is wonderful! Just one line is brave enough for me right now, I can't imagine getting this one so perfect. :-) Your card is so pretty.
Michelle.

Linda said...

Great "frame". Elegant butterfly! Pretty...pretty!

Erica said...

Very pretty frame and the butterfly is elegant and perfect for the frame.

Chrissie said...

Super card Lisa, there's a little sparkly dot missing, bottom right hand corner! (How picky can she get? I hear you say).
Funny about your last week's card huh!
This is another fab one.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Suze Bain said...

Butterfly looks fab. A super card. xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh wpw this is stunning.. i love that embossed frame and the Butterfly is gorgeous
Lisa x

Mandi said...

Pretty little card Lisa
Love the detailing, looks very effective
Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Beryl K said...

This is absolutely beautiful, love your embossed frame
Beryl x

Aileen said...

Lovely card, I like the extra bit of sparkle. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...