Followers

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Less is More – Week 37

Just catching back up with things this morning, I had another Migraine on Sunday and it’s left me a little drained. I’m quite calm about our house (and area) move but I think subconsciously it may be causing the Migraines as I have had more in the last few weeks than I’ve had for years. And on top of that LO was awake (and ready to play!!) at 4:45am. I feel rather Zombie like so thought I would have a quick cuppa and a sit down and post this LIM card I made last night.

Now Chrissie and Mandi have given me quite a challenge this week, their theme is cocktails and after a good rummage through my stamps the only stamp with a slight link to any kind of cocktail was a little cherry stamp from Hero Arts. So on went the thinking cap and this is what happened:

Cherry Cocktail Card (2)

I a drew a cocktail glass on copy paper and cut it out to form a mask. I used the outer mask first and stamped the cherries and then used the inner part of the mask to cover the cherries and inked around the edges to add a little definition. I watercoloured the cherries just to give a hit of colour and finally added a glossy cherry to the top of my cocktail.

Hope you like

Lisa

Items: White 5x5 card blank, Hero Arts Clear Stamps Cupcakes (Cherry and Sentiment), Whispers Brush Markers, Ladybug Memento Inkpad, Onyx Black Versafine Inkpad, Weathered Wood Distress Inkpad and Pinflair Glaze

12 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is tremendous Lisa, what an inspired idea!
It's a super card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lisa Jane said...

This is wonderful- a great idea... i am still scratching my head lol
Lisa x

Margaret said...

Gorgeous!
Margaret x

Sandra Wright. said...

A stunning card Lisa, a great idea of making your own template.Just love all those cherries.

Sandie :D

Gibmiss said...

Hi
Stunning card ....love it ....hope you are feeling better....
hugs sylvie
xxxx

Luanne said...

Lovely card!

Luanne
http://craftersreference.blogspot.com/

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Beautiful
Lindsay xx

Unknown said...

tis gorjuss lisa, well done on a brilliant card xx

hugs
judie xx

Andrea said...

so gorgeous

Mandi said...

Fabulous card Lisa
Brilliant idea
Thank you
Mandi LIM

Sarah said...

how lovely - so fresh and sweet - a great idea!

Jenny said...

Wowzers this is totally brilliant! Love the idea and technique...it really does look like a die cut raised up off the card:)
Jenny x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...