Followers

Tuesday 4 October 2011

World Card Making Day Blog Hop – Day Three

Welcome to the World Card Making Day blog hop, the hop runs from 2nd to 6th October and today is day three.

There are10 different participants each day and each day is started by the host of the hop…Gill McCall.  If that’s where you started out and you’ve just arrived here from Liz's Blog then you are on the right track. However, if you have arrived here by chance and would like to join in then you need to start back at the beginning…Gill’s Blog.

Here’s my card:

Lili of the Valley Christmas Card (5)

I bought some lovely new dies at the weekend and I’ve been dying to have a play with them. It’s a set of Marianne Dies (a bauble and a star). I bought them in Hobbycraft and surprisingly they were as cheap as anywhere I had seen them on the internet! Now for anyone who has read my blog before you will know I like to get that extra mile out of my stash and not just use things the way they were intended, so here I have die cut four of the baubles, embossed each with gold EP and then cut them in half and used them to create this really rather fancy frame….and I’m quite pleased with the result…even if I do say so myself!

To this I’ve added a Lili of the Valley stamped image (coloured with ProMarkers), a Pink Gem sentiment, a square of red card and some Docrafts Daisy and Dandelion patterned paper, oh and a few pearls too, which I coloured with a ProMarker so they would match the colour of the coat. I also had a few scraps left over so I’ve decorated the inside of the card as well.

Lili of the Valley Christmas Card (2)

I hope you like what I made and it would be lovely if you left me a comment so I know you stopped by (not just because of the fab prizes on offer…lol).

Now your next hop stop is Anita where you will find another fabulous creation.

I would also like to enter this card into Lili of the Valleys Ideas to Inspire World Card Making Day giveaway competition.

Thanks for hopping.

Lisa

18 comments:

bluebell-flowerwood said...

hello,i like your new dies love bluebell-flowerwoodx.

Beckie said...

sweet card love how you have done that gold backing

Linda Dale said...

Adorable card, just love the image. Fabulous job.

Luanne said...

very lovely card! I love the gold embellish.

Luanne
myfootahead@gmail.com
http://craftersreference.blogspot.com/

LisaG said...

Hey Lisa!

Wow, this card is stunning, the frame is amazing! I thought it was a peel off, it looks so professional! I was so shocked that it was actually handmade by yourself when I read your blurb!

Well done!

I'm a new follower.

Lisa xx

alethea said...

Lisa, your card is gorgeous!!! Love that image! TFS! Hugsxx

Lisa Jane said...

what a beautiful card - i just love how you used those new dies
Lisa x

Pumpy said...

I love your Christmas card, the stamp you used is so sweet, and coloured so nicely. xxxx

Canonbury creations said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, love what you have done with the dies, great idea!
Val x

Linda Simpson said...

What a beautiful Christmas Card. I have just started getting LOTV stamps and I love them. The colouring of your stamps is beautiful.

I have become a new follower

Hugs
Linda xxxx

Gill McCall said...

Lisa wow i love what you have done with the die such a neat idea. i adore that LOTV image as have it myself - makes me in the mood to dig it out and play. thank you for sharing and for being on the hop

Lisa said...

what a pretty card!!! I know that i am a little slow -- but i'm not following what you did but would love to know!!! anyway TFS! i am a new follower!!

Have a scrap-happy day
Lisa G
http://lisa-scrappingspot.blogspot.com/
lkgra@hotmail.com

Pamela said...

Brilliant idea with the bauble punch, clever girl makes me want to pinch eh borrow the ideal lol. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation Pamela x

Becky Dunham said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Lisa and sweet at the same time. LOTV is one of those stamp companies that I adore - I want every one of their images and I don't own any. Being in the US, they are a little costly for me so I just have to gaze longingly whenever they are used. This image is so adorable. I have never heard of Marianne Dies, but you can bet I will be checking them out - this one looks gorgeous! I love how you made the frame - very clever!

I am a new follower of your sweet blog -I follow so many already but I could not help myself :) Hope to spend lots of time here in the future.

Liz said...

love this card, that little girl is too sweet

http://tryin2craft.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Lovely card~love the gold! New follower via GFC! Thanx~prhmangel at gmail dot com

Eva Laney said...

wow, just gorgeous...love it!!!
Eva :0)
evascrapslife(at)gmail(dot)com
http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com
I have a giveaway on my blog

Heather said...

What a lovely Christmas card, that little girl is to cute. I am glad to be a new follower. TFS

God bless
Heather Pullen
blessed2cre8.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...