Followers

Saturday 24 March 2012

You’ll never guess….

Time got the better of me last week and I missed a challenge, so I was determined to not only make but also blog a card today.  Now you might not believe this but I’ve actually made a LIM card that I like! And it’s turned out exactly as I wanted…

IMG_5801

It's recipe this week to combine three previous challenges. My card could have worked for quite a combination of the weeks (bling, scraps, masking) but the three I’ve settled on are:

  • Week 53 Colour Aqua
  • Week 55 Theme Punches or Die Cuts
  • Week 24 Theme Circles

I began by stamping the Grungy Script stamp on a piece of square white card in Weathered Wood DI, then I masked and inked the stripes with VersaColour Turquoise ink on a make-up sponge. I then stamped and embossed the swirls twice, once on the card in Turquoise and one on a spare piece of card in silver. I pinched elements of silver image with various circle punches and layered onto the card with various depths of foam pads. Lastly a sentiment from PolkaDoodles and all edges inked with the same turquoise ink.

IMG_5802

I may try and get another picture in daylight tomorrow as in the photo the square of card looks cream and IRL it’s most definitely white.

While blogging this I’ve just had an idea for something using the waste from my punched out circles so hopefully if Hubby takes Little One out to the park tomorrow I’ll give it a try.

Thanks for stopping by.

Lisa

13 comments:

Margaret said...

Very pretty Lisa
Margaret x

Chrissie said...

This is super Lisa, the circles highlight the blooms so effectively!
Lovely card, I can see why you are pleased with it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

GinaA said...

Stunning circles, brilliant idea. Makes a fab card.

Marrigje said...

It is a lovely card Lisa. I really like what you did with the circles. Turns out great!

Marrigje

Ellen said...

Very lovely card Lisa!
Ellen

TAM said...

Stunning card - its so tranquil

Kathyk said...

And this turned in to a gorgeous and delicately coloured card too

Kathyk

Suze Bain said...

Lovely card Lisa, very pretty colours. xx

Beryl K said...

Terrific card
Beryl x

Helen in the UK said...

Great design and wonderful colour :)

Mandi said...

Terrific card Lisa
I love the spotlighting
Super job
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Linda said...

Fab card. Really like how you've used the punched circles - great idea. xx

Vicky said...

Beautiful and elegant :)x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...