Followers

Saturday 20 April 2013

Distress It at A Gem of a Challenge

Thoughtful Chloe (5)

Morning All. What is everyone up to this weekend? We’re are headed off to the In-Laws for the day, as Hubby, FIL and SIL are off to watch the football…so no crafting for me today. I will be making up for it tomorrow and, as long as Miss Emily allows, will be having a very crafty day finishing off a magazine commission, projects for the next edition of Sarah Hurley’s Lookbook and some other design team work.

Waffle over it’s time for our new challenge at A Gem of a Challenge, which has been set by the lovely Shea. The theme this time around is…

Distress It

I have used the gorgeous Thoughtful Chloe and my distressing is the sanding on the embossing and the inked and tatty edges on my layers and sentiment…

Thoughtful Chloe (1)

My image has been coloured with Spectrum Noir pens, still practicing though, can’t get them to blend as well as my ProMarkers. Eeek no patterned paper on this one, instead I’ve used some Core’dinations which I have embossed with the ‘Tied Together’ embossing folder. I’ve also used a Fiskars border punch, a sentiment (also from Pink Gem) and to finish I have added some Meiflower gems, some pearls using a Viva Pearls Decor Pen and a few Wild Orchid Craft Flowers.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by

Lisa

7 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Lisa. You have coloured sweet Chloe so beautifully. I love the embossing and fab layout.
I hope you have a good weekend
hugs Sue xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, little Chloe really suits dark hair!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs xx Cara xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is fabulous Lisa - Chloe is so sweet. I love the embossing, and the way you placed the image on a "diamond" layer - it's so effective and creates a beautiful layout.
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Janet said...

This is beautiful Lisa! xx

Marilyn said...

Very pretty Lisa. Sweet image and I like the dotted background and embossing.

Claire said...

Oh this is gorgeous Lisa.
C xx

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Lisa and the colours are fabulous.
Loved scrolling back through your blog your creations are all beautiful.

And congratulations on your newest little addition, your children are beautiful.
So happy to be on the SH team with you,

Claire x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...