Followers

Tuesday 2 July 2013

A Day at the Seaside

Unfortunately the blog title is where I would like to be right now and not where I am. We certainly haven’t had many days warm enough to visit the beach and today is no exception as it’s been rather dull and overcast.

The blog title is also about my card for this weeks Less is More challenge, which is ‘Sand’.

I had some scraps out on my desk and some new card blanks I picked up from Anna Maries Designs on my trip to the Sincerely Yours Show in Portsmouth on Sunday. So it would have been silly not to have a little play. Here is my effort….

Beach Card (6)

I cut an aperture into the front of my card blank and placed strips of card behind it to make the sand, water and sky. I doodled a few birds in the sky and used a mask, ink duster and yellow ink to create the sun. The waves were doodled with a Quickie Glue Pen and covered with clear glitter. Lastly I added a Paula Pascual for Personal Impressions sentiment using Coffee Bean Brilliance Ink and a little boat made from scraps of card cut freehand with some scissors.

Now to me it seems CAS but I’m not sure whether it has enough white space, let me know what you think.

I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by

Lisa

11 comments:

Jen Nelson said...

lisa stunning little scene

Thanks for joining us this week x
Jen
"Less Is More"

Lin said...

This is lovely Lisa. Just what you might have seen if you looked out over the water at Portsmouth... You're not a million miles from me, and I too have a Daughter called Emily, but mine is nearly 30, also born in January!

Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us. A prime example of not needing lots of bells and whistles to make a great card

Lin xx
Crafty Cardmakers

Josephine said...

My idea of a perfect view ...

Fabulous card.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Meggymay said...

A fantastic sea side scene, it looks so calm and tranquil. Thank you for joining us at CCM this time.
Yvonne

Chrissie said...

This is a sweetie Lisa!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lin said...

Back again.

Forgot to add thanks for joining in with us too

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin xx
Lexi's Creations

Jenn Bedient said...

Beautiful card! Love the scene you have created. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Card Crew. Hope you have a great day!

- Jenn DT
Crafted My Fancy

fionalawlor said...

Aww this is so sweet! I adore your cute little boat and the lovely sparkly sea :) Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.
Fiona x

Tracey said...

Beautiful card! There really is no place like the beach in the summer, is there? I never would have guessed you made your scene using various strips of paper; it turned out fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for this challenge! I hope to see you back again soon.
Hugs, Tracey (DT)

Lisa Jane said...

LOve the CAS scene .. so effective
Thanks for joining us at HOAC this month
Lisa x

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful sunny seaside colors and scene. Thanks for sharing it at Country View Crafts Summer Sizzler Challenge this month.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...