Followers

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Texture & Dimension

Texture and Dimension (4)

Last Thursday a new challenge for August started over at the Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog. I had my project part made but being a bit poorly has delayed it’s completion until now. Don’t worry though you still have plenty of time left to get your entries in.

This time the lovely Claireliz has picked us a theme of…

Texture & Dimension

I quite often use dimension in my cards. I certainly get through a fair few 3d foam pads! So I wanted to try and get some texture onto my creation as well…

Texture and Dimension (1)

To make this new baby card I‘ve used papers and elements from Sarah’s ‘Say Cheese’ digi kit printed onto pearlescent white card. One of the papers was the woodgrain paper which gives a faux texture.

I wanted some real texture too and for some time have wanted to try out  texture paste. However I don’t own any and I don’t like to buy things just to try them and have them sit gathering dust on a shelf for a few years before I use them again. So I thought I would like try a little experiment…I made my own! I was going to mix some of Little Boy’s play sand with acrylic paint but it was past 10pm and dark outside. There was no way I was going out into the garden on my own, so I went and raided my kitchen cupboards instead.  I found some Semolina  and thought I would give it a try as it has similar sized grains as sand does. After all that palaver I realised the only stencil/mask I had was a butterfly one and that wouldn’t have worked for this card so I just had to swipe it across the card with a pallet knife. I am please with it and IRL it looks quite cool.

To finish I’ve added a bit of stamping, some die cuts and some dots from a pearl pen.

  • Image: ‘Baby Feet’ Clear Stamp Set – Sarah Hurley 
  • Colouring Medium: Whispers Brush Markers
  • DP: ‘Say Cheese’ Digi Kit – Sarah Hurley
  • Card: 6x6 Kraft Card base from The Range
  • Ink: Memento ‘London Fog’ Inkpad and Brilliance ‘Coffee Bean’ & ‘Pearlescent Orchid’ Inkpad
  • Sentiment: Double Sayings from Paula Pascual for Personal Impressions Stamp Set
  • Dies & Punches: ‘By the Letter’ Alpha Dies from Die-Namics and ‘Happy’ die from All Occasion Dies by Robert Addams
  • Embellishments: Home made texture paste, Viva Decor Pearl Pen and Twine

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by

Lisa

Ps: I will back later with some exciting news.

1 comment:

Shirley-Anne said...

Oh Boy, I love your improvising and resourcefulness. This is a keep sake I think a beautiful card .
Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...